The HTC Wildfire S was amongst the most popular mid-range Android Smartphones released in the year 2011. The HTC Wildfire S featured a decent specifications list, which include a 600 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, MicroSD external storage expansion support up to 32 GB, 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash and no secondary camera, and all of these powered by a 1230 mAh battery.
Times have passed, and today the HTC Wildfire S is amongst the well-aged Android Smartphones out there. To shake up the performance of your HTC Wildfire S, you can try rooting it and then installing some custom ROM’s or kernel’s of your choice. And if you’re in search of a well-explained and detailed tutorial on how to root HTC Wildfire S, then today we’re here with a complete guide on How To Root HTC Wildfire S easily without making any mistakes.
Rooting is somewhat a very complicated process and if you misfollow the guide, you might end up damaging your HTC Wildfire S badly. Hence, we recommend you to understand the risks of rooting your Android Smartphone before proceeding with it, and please do follow this guide to root HTC Wildfire S correctly.
Moreover, rooting tends to void the warranty of your Android Smartphone and also prevents your Smartphone from receiving any future official updates that might be released by your Smartphone manufacturer for your Smartphone model.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to complete before you attempt to root HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone:
- Make sure that the boot loader of your HTC Wildfire S is unlocked.
- Charge your Smartphone completely.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for HTC Wildfire S on your PC.
- Download the root kit from here.
- Download the root script from here.
How to Root HTC Wildfire S:
Below is the detailed article on how to root HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone easily:
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC. Make sure that the USB Drivers for HTC Wildfire S has already been installed.
- Copy and paste both the files that you downloaded in the step above to the external SD card of your HTC Wildfire S.
- Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC and shut it down.
- Boot your HTC Wildfire S into the HBoot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+ Volume Down+ Power keys.
- From the screen that appears, choose the “Apply the Update” option.
- Now, your Smartphone will again reboot.
- Once again boot into HBoot mode and then select the recovery mode option.
- Now select the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Choose the root kit that you placed on your Smartphone’s external storage earlier and confirm the selection.
- Now, the rooting process for HTC Wildfire S will begin.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once the processes are completed, your Smartphone will reboot. Wait for the reboot process to complete successfully.
And congratulations, you have now successfully done with the guide to Root HTC Wildfire S Android Smartphone with ease. You can download the “Root Checker” Android app from the Google Play Store to verify the root process.